Exploring Greater Novi
Trendy. Friendly. Green.
In the Greater Novi District, all shoppers will find their nirvana. Mall meccas abound. Quaint downtowns with friendly storefronts and indie boutiques welcome. And the expansive Suburban Collection Showplace is the gracious host of year-round specialty expos and trade shows. Foodies will satisfy their cravings no matter their tastes with fine dining options, soul food specialists, steakhouses extraordinaire and eateries dedicated to the pub-and-grub. This district is also the perfect fit for those all about the open air. Greater Novi is known for its world-class golf, farm-like cider mills and Kensington Metropark, where lakes and rolling hills can accommodate all kinds of outdoor sport.
- Suburban Collection Showplace exposition, conference, and banquet center features 214,000 square feet of exhibit floor, 25,000 square feet of pre-function space, and 19 break-out rooms. Located in Novi just off I-96 and near Twelve Oaks Mall, Novi Town Center and Fountain Walk, this district offers abundant shopping and entertainment options.
- The Inn at St. John's, luxury lodging, conference center and golf course offers 48,000 square feet of versatile space.
Attractions with Meeting/Event Facilities
- Lucky Strike Entertainment is a 67,000 square foot entertainment venue perfect for team building events and corporate parties. It features 12 state-of-the-art lanes, billiard tables, over 100 arcade games and several lounges.
- Holocaust Memorial Zekelman Campus is the nation's first freestanding museum, dedicated to the memory of the Holocaust. The museum features extensive new material, much of which uses state-of-the-art display techniques, to enhance and extend the scope of its powerful message. Classrooms and meeting facilities are available.
- Kensington Metropark has more than 1,200 acres of water nestled among its rolling, wooded hills. The park features 17 picnic areas and shelters, a year round visitor center, cross country skiing, boat ramps and fishing.
Hotels with Meeting Space*
The Greater Novi area includes many hotels, from luxury to moderately-priced properties within a half hour drive of downtown Detroit.
- The Baronette Renaissance Hotel Novi
- Crowne Plaza Detroit Novi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Detroit — Livonia/Novi
- Embassy Suites Detroit/Southfield
- Hyatt Place at the Suburban Collection Showplace
- Holiday Inn Detroit-Livonia Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites — Farmington Hills
- Hilton Garden Inn — Southfield
- Sheraton Detroit-Novi
- Southfield Marriott Detroit
- The Inn at St. John's — Plymouth
- The Westin Southfield Detroit & Executive Meeting Center
*Defined as 100 or more guest rooms and a minimum of 4,000 square feet of meeting space.
The world's first convention and visitors bureau — the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau — was founded in 1896.