Upscale. Cultured. Fun.
The Oakland District blends abundant green spaces with sprawling shopping, entertainment, art, sports and industry. Here, attendees can appreciate the finer things in life. The café scene. A fancy meal. Haute couture. Manicured parks and championship-style golf. Royal Oak is home to Detroit’s hometown zoo, where the kangaroos and wallabies run wild without barriers or glass walls. Auburn Hills hosts the Detroit Pistons’ basketball action and tons of big-ticket concerts at The Palace. Shopping options are plentiful with outlets featuring name brands and unbeatable prices right alongside tony malls offering high-end/chic designer collections. Posh downtowns? Oakland has several, with cozy tree-lined streets and one-of-a-kind boutiques. After dark, slip on over to Oakland’s trendy Ferndale for fab dining, live music and comedic entertainment.
- Located in Troy and just 20 miles north of Detroit, the Michigan State University Management Education Center has approximately 25,000 square feet of meeting space, offers nine conference rooms, including two large amphitheaters and a 400-person capacity auditorium, in addition to a large, newly-remodeled dining room and ample reception space.
Attractions with Meeting/Event Facilities
- The Detroit Zoo is located in Royal Oak and is a wild and fun setting for meetings and events. Choose from the Wildlife Interpretive Gallery, Arctic Ring of Life, National Amphibian Conservation Center or the Ford Education Center.
- Meadow Brook Hall in Rochester Hills is the lavish Tudor-Revival estate of Matilda Dodge Wilson. This elegant estate offers intimate settings and a large outdoor tent during fair weather months to accommodate up to 600.
Hotels with Meeting Space*
Oakland offers luxury accommodations, major brand hotels and mid-priced properties close to shopping, dining and attractions.
- Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac at Centerpoint
- Crowne Plaza — Auburn Hills
- Detroit Marriott Troy
- Embassy Suites — Troy/Auburn Hills
- The Kingsley Inn
- Royal Park Hotel
- Somerset Inn
- The Townsend Hotel
*Defined as 100 or more guest rooms and a minimum of 4,000 square feet of meeting space.
Detroit is headquarters for Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors and hundreds of tier one and two suppliers.